Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Road to Graphic Design Part Two: Always save a PSD

Here is a small PSA on the concept of saving a JPEG and a PSD (Photoshop).

ALWAYS SAVE A PSD OF ANY IMAGE YOU ARE ALTERING.












Thank you Sheldon.

But seriously, the layers and filters you use and might want to alter slightly layer will not be available if you only save a a JPEG of the final image. When creating my logo for this blog, I did a bunch of different versions but when I was done, I did not save a PSD to work with later, so the progress and editable layers are gone. When I decide to alter the image, I will have to be more creative and probably spend more time getting back to the current look before I can alter it.

Case in point, save your progress as a PSD.


No comments:

Post a Comment