Friday, October 18, 2013

The Raven - Part One (10-18-13)

Once upon a midnight dreary,












while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,












While I nodded, nearly napping,














suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door











"Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door;
Only this, and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember, it was in the bleak December,












And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.












Eagerly I wished the morrow; vainly I sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow, sorrow for the lost Lenore.












For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore,
Nameless here forevermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment